At MIDLAND JOINT PROTECT we aim to provide a service for you and your patients. These biological treatments are developing with regard to their evidence and our options.
The procedures can be time consuming and often the funding for them to be carried out is difficult.
Our aim is to provide a service that allows you to refer your patients in for the treatment they agree with you. This provides easier access for these effective treatments for your patients.
What do you need to do?
- Discuss the treatment options with your patient
- Establish that an orthobiologic is an appropriate treatment for your patient
When you and your patient decide that you wish to pursue a biological joint injection
- You need to provide the patient with a letter saying what treatment you believe to be appropriate, just as you would normally do after any consultation
- You need to complete the consent process with your patient for the procedure they wish to undertake. This should include completion of a consent form. A copy of this consent form should be provided with the patient to bring to the MIDLAND JOINT PROTECT clinic on the day of their treatment
- You need to ask your patient (or your secretary to do so on their behalf) to book into the clinic by contacting either
- Midland Joint Protect Secretaries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daleswood Health clinic directly on 01675 489489.
- After your patient has had their treatment you need to send a bill to the Midland Joint Protect Clinic by email to email@example.com
Why should I use Midland Joint Protect Service for my patients? I can do these treatments myself!
Orthobiologics are not the answer to every pathology we encounter in our professional lives, but there is strong evidence for their efficacy in certain clinical scenarios.
Arranging orthobiologic treatments can be disruptive to theatre lists or clinical outpatient settings.
The tariffs are low for the surgeon.
- Let us take the hassle of that away from you. If you send patients to the Midland Joint Protect Service
- Your patient gets the treatment you and we believe in
- You avoid the hassle of a time consuming low tariff procedure
- As patients enquire into the clinic we will send patients out for consultation to those consultants who have contributed patients to the service
- For all enquiries from patients, we will seek to offer a geographically convenient referral to a specialist if the patient wishes to consult on the possibility of receiving an orthobiologic injection.
- You will receive a fee from us for sending the patient to the service once the procedure has been carried out and the bill settled
- This fee is to cover the cost of your having completed the consent process and provided us with documentation supporting the need to proceed with the treatment. You would then be expected to continue follow up of the patient as usual. Your patient may be contacted by the MIDLAND KNEE PROTECT service in order to audit outcomes.
- Please see below for the schedule of fees paid to you
The fees payable by us to the specialist referring in a patient upon completion of treatments are
ACP INJECTION (course of 3) £225
ACP INJECTION (course of 3 including hyaluronic acid) £250
SINGLE HYALURONIC ACID INJECTION £50
SINGLE INJECTION OF nSTRIDE AUTOLOGOUS PROTEIN SOLUTION £175
SINGLE ACP INJECTION TO TENDON £80